Day 96 - Studio Salon
I found a pretty neat design on Envato . It looked pretty simple as first, just like yesterday's design, but as I continued designing there were a couple areas I had to learn. However, I can definitely say it wasn't as challenging as yesterday's.
Luckily I was able to find the picture on Google images. However, I realized that the designer horizontally shrunk the picture, making the model skinnier. Next, I tried finding a font that was similar to the design I had found. I ended up using font DIN Condensed. In order to add the image inside the text, I had to convert the letter S to outlines, then masked the image. I did the same for the S located on the left side.
I found creating the orange gradient on the background image really difficult. I wasn't able to fully capture the bright orange that was on the design that I tried to copy. Instead, mine looks more faded and less vibrant. I tried to create a orange-yellow-orange gradient to make it more bright, however it still wasn't enough. I couldn't re-create the same style as the design. It made me think if it was even possible with Sketch.
With all the colours and most designs in place, I decided to place the paragraph text and images onto the design. For the paragraph text, I used font Fira Sans Condensed. As for the logos, I created the bubble and found the television design on Google Images.
This was definitely an interesting design I created. I feel I've gotten a lot more comfortable using masks and colours. There's no hesitation when I do specific steps because I know what to expect when I decide to take an action.